Our goal is to provide training for applicators in practical field skills and to earn their continuing education credits to meet the state licensing requirements and to provide an educational forum for supervisors and managers to learn about regulations, new chemistry, vegetation management programs and other developments that could enhance their existing programs. Initially our program model would be based upon providing information on the implementation and management of comprehensive vegetation maintenance programs and training, hopefully with some hands-on, for the field applicators.
As our ideas evolved, we wanted the meetings to be held prior to spray season so that the field applicators could obtain some practical skills and useful knowledge that could be directly put to use. It was also important to accomplish this phase in a single day to lessen any financial impact on their employer. As could be expected, all presentations on that day were to be focused on the needs of the field applicators. The second day was to be dedicated to the supervisors and managers and focused on more technical and managerial issues.
Plan to attend the 2020 Conference
APRIL 22-24, 2020
Held at the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort
Attendance at the Annual FVMA Conference in mid-April will automatically enroll you as a participating member of the Florida Vegetation Management Association.
Corporate sponsorships are available to companies engage in vegetation management in the State of Florida.
Choose your company or organization's level of sponsorship from one of the following:
Grand Sponsorship ($ TBDAnnually)
Platinum Sponsorship ($ TBD Annually)
Gold Sponsorship ($ TBD Annually)
Silver Sponsorship ($ TBD Annually)
For any person that is interested in the advancement of their own personal and professional education and knowledge. By attendance at the annual FVMA conference in April, members in this category are eligible to vote on all Association ballots, serve on the Board of Directors, and serve on Standing Committees. Annual registration constitutes an individual voting membership and registration.
Get signed up for lots of CEUs for your FDACS license and ISA Certifications!
To Be Announced
The Florida Vegetation Management Association is established to bring together persons interested in vegetation management in the state of Florida. This interest can be driven by employment, research, education, regulation, contracting of goods and services, manufacturing, or merchandising. The Association does not discriminate in its membership and is open to public participation.
The purposes of The Association are:
1. To encourage the proper use of vegetation management techniques, to aid in the progression of mutual understanding, and to respond to persons interested in and/or engaged in vegetation management in the state of Florida.
2. To exchange ideas, opinions, experiences, and information concerning vegetation management and related disciplines.
3. To foster more and better coordinated efforts among those interested and engaged in vegetation management in the state of Florida.
4. To promote ecological soundness through the correct and proper utilization of vegetation management practices.
5. To serve as a source for public education regarding environmentally sound vegetationn management practices.
6. To provide education and training to individuals interested in and/or engaged in vegetation management in the state of Florida.
7. To provide for the scientific and educational advancement of its members.